Wednesday, November 16, 2011

finale

It’s amazing how time flies and this shall be the last official post for this enriching, eye-opening and definitely useful module. I did not know what to expect when I chose to read this module, but I was pleasantly surprised at the highly interactive and commutative nature of this class. Coupled by equally enthusiastic classmate and tutor, I found myself enjoying this class each day. ES2007S is definitely one of the most useful modules I’ve taken throughout my university life.

One aspect and lesson learnt that I will definitely take home is the written part- resume, application and cover letters. As they say, first impression counts. I think most of us have a very rough idea of how to write these letters, but not exactly sure what the accepted and correct format was. This module has given me more confidence and know-how when writing these letters. It is especially useful to me when we start applying for jobs in the near future.

Secondly of course, is the mock interview conducted in class. I was given feedback that at times I do tend to seem a little arrogant, but at the same time, confident. I guess there is a fine line between these two attributes, and I must do well to thread it carefully during an actual job interview. However, I’ve also learnt it is also important to keep true and professional to your real character and attributes during an interview, because ultimately, you do not want to be in a job that is not suited for you. Again, this module has provided me with realistic scenarios that will prepare me for real world interviews.

It has been awhile since I interacted so much with each and every classmate in a class. And the pair and team projects, as well as the constant class activities, made me for comfortable working with people. I recall when I had to work with Png Ning during the first few weeks of class. We hardly knew each other at that time, but I felt we both communicated effectively and worked well together towards a common goal, which made the project task much easier and fun to do.

All in all, this module has been very enjoyable and most importantly, very useful for my future endeavours. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Lance, I really appreciate the accolades and insights. I apologize for not getting to this sooner. (Actually, I thought I had left a comment back in November.)

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete